Terres LAB is aimed to explore the new trends in using audiovisual to communicate and explain tourism experiences, as well as to highlight the importance of film tourism in contemporary destinations. Framed in Terres Festival, the conference intends to provide an academic-professional and multidisciplinary space for exchanging theoretical research, best practices and case studies in tourism audiovisual and all sectors involved.
Dra. Isabel Sarabia – UCAM
Dra. Cláudia Henriques – Ualg
Dr. Francisco Dias – CiTUR
Dr. Eugeni Osácar – CETT-UB
Dra. Saida Palou – UdG
Dr. José Antonio Fraiz Brea – University of Vigo
Dra. Abby Sophia Waysford – Utrectht University
Dra. Alexandra Georgescu – CETT-UB
Dra. Nayra Llonch – UdL
Dr. Jordi Arcos Pumarola – CETT-UB
Dra. Núria Gil – URV
Dr. Antonio Martinez Puche – University of Alicante
Dr. Enric López C. – CETT-UB
Dr. Eugeni Osácar: “Film tourism as a key marketing factor for destinations”
Dr. Abby Waysdorf: "Placing Fandom: Film Tourism as Fan Practice"
Round table: Film tourism as a tourist experience
- To be confirmed, Sad Hill Cultural Association
- Jaume Palau, author of several books on film tourism
- Laura Tejerina, creator of the website Cineturismo.es
Moderated by: Esther Velasco
Agència Catalana de Turisme and Clúster Audiovisual de Catalunya: "Congresses and Audiovisual. New opportunities for tourism."
- Luis Tormo Pérez: "Comunitat Valenciana, filming set - Film tourism"
- Esther Velasco: "Good practices for the promotion of film tourism. The cases of the United Kingdom and New Zealand."
- Omid Salek Farokhi: "Prioritize film marketing tourism activities (Case study: Producers of movies and series in Catalonia)
- Cristina Garrido, Marta Hernández, Claudia Mancheño, Maria Torra, Eugeni Osácar: "The cinematographic image of Barcelona during the second decade of the 21st century"
Dr. Jordi Arcos-Pumarola
Submission of abstracts and communications
In order to present your research in Terres Lab, you can submit either an abstract or your full paper. To present your paper in TerresLAB 2020, at least one of the authors must have paid the corresponding fee, which can be consulted through this link.
Abstract submission: an abstract (max. 300 words) must be submitted through Easychair platform using the following link:
The abstract must include introduction, objectives, methodology, results and conclusions. It will be peer reviewed by the scientific committee and the authors will be informed of their acceptance or not for the presentation in TerresLab 2020.
Full paper submission: You can also submit your full paper directly to Tourism and Heritage Journal. It will be peer reviewed and, when accepted, published in the 2nd volume of the journal; authors will also be informed of their acceptance or not for the presentation in TerresLab 2020.
To submit your full paper, send it directly to email@example.com using the journal’s template and following the Author Guidelines of the journal. You can consult the author guidelines and further information in the journal’s website.
Please, inform in your email that your paper is framed in Terres LAB 2020.
Opportunities for publication
Those participants with an accepted abstract have the option to write the corresponding article and be evaluated for publication in Tourism & Heritage Journal (http://revistes.ub.edu/index.php/tourismheritage/index).
Please, follow the author guidelines of the journal. For more information, you can contact the editorial team of the magazine through the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Film tourism and sustainable management of destinations
- Film tourism, landscape and tourist image
- Film tourist: motivations and profile
- Audiovisual and promotion of destinations, services and tourism products
- Innovation in tourism communication
June 30, 2020 – Deadline for submitting abstracts
July 2, 2020 – Notification of abstracts accepted
July 15, 2020 – Deadline for submitting full papers
July 30, 2020 – Notification of acceptance (full papers)
September 9, 2020 – TerresLab
November 15, 2020 – Deadline for submitting articles for Tourism & Heritage Journal (only participants with an accepted abstract)